Here is the line-up we planned for our Earth Week Celebration! We want to invite you to participate in one, several, or all of the events on the schedule. You can find out more information here.
Some highlights for the week:
- Saturday, April 17th: Earth Week kickoff at the Rapid City Farmer’s Market from 9:00 am – noon. There will be a variety of child friendly activities, painting, and a seed give away.
- Saturday, April 17th: Park cleanup sponsored by the Rapid City Sustainability Committee. It starts at 1:00 pm at Thomson Park (Intersection of N. Spruce St. & E. Meadowlark Dr.). This event is BYOB – Bring Your Own Bags.
- Monday, April 19th: Paul Lepisto from the Izaak Walton League is giving a talk on “The Missouri River Initiative” from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm MST.
- Tuesday, April 20th: Sustainability Poster Presentations will occur at SDSM&T at 11:00 am.
- Wednesday, April 21st: The Norbeck Society is giving a talk with a Q&A entitled: “Timber Sustainability on the BH National Forest” from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm MST.
- Thursday, April 22nd: Officially Earth Day! There will be a series of events, including the movie Inconvenient Truth a free film hosted by SDSM&T Civil & Environmental Engineering Department from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm MST.
- Thursday, April 22nd: The free film I Am Greta hosted by Citizens Climate Lobby from 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm MST.
- Thursday, April 22nd: Another free movie, Kiss the Ground, that will be shown twice at the Hot Springs Theater – one at 6:00 pm & another at 8:30 pm.
- Registration is required at: blackhillssustainableliving.com
- If you can’t get to Hot Springs to see it in person, you can also watch it on Netflix and then join the discussion (see Friday event).
- Friday, April 23rd: There will be a “Kiss the Ground” Movie Virtual Discussion Group from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm MST.
- Saturday, April 24th: Our keynote address by Dr. L. Hunter Lovins, PhD who will be discussing A Finer Future. Join the Zoom presentation and Q&A session from 9:00 am – 10:30 am MST.
- Saturday, April 24th: Scavenger Hunt for Kids sponsored by Rapid City Sustainability Committee at the Outdoor Campus West on from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm MST.