Homegrown Sioux Empire
has been providing education, skill-shares and tours on growing, sharing, and preserving what you grow for 10+ years.
As a chapter of Dakota Rural Action, Homegrown Sioux Empire shares DRA’s grassroots and community based origins. We believe that reviving our land based heritage and incorporating that wisdom with new energy, ideas, and methods will create the best possible quality of life and help ensure a vibrant future for Sioux Falls area citizens across the socioeconomic spectrum. We support democratic community governance and the establishment and maintenance of infrastructure which fosters interdependent self-sufficiency for the production of food, energy and housing.
Homegrown is currently focused on working to promote self-sufficiency, sustainable agriculture, energy and water conservation, and working to create a stronger local foods movement.
(1) Builds strong networks which embrace a culture of interdependent self-sufficiency.
(2) Creates channels for local resource sharing
(3) Promotes, educates, and advocates for sustainable urbanization and ecological economics throughout Sioux Falls and the surrounding areas
Our events can be found on our facebook page.
Chapter Meetings are held every third Monday in and around Sioux Falls, SD. Updated events are found on our Facebook page.
To get involved contact Matthew West at firstname.lastname@example.org, 605-697-5204 Ext 280
- Tera Regnier, Chair
- _______, Co-Chair/Secretary
- Rose Helland, Treasurer
- Ned Horsted, Board Rep
- Stephanie Peterson, Board Rep