Rooting Our Communities in Sustainability:
30 Years of Grassroots Activism
Join us in Brookings to celebrate our first 30 years of action and plan for the next 30 years!
FRIDAY, October 27th, 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm: Brookings Activity Center
Agenda will include:
- Potluck Challenge Lunch provided by Brookings County Chapter, Deuel County Chapter, and Homegrown Sioux Empire Chapter (Noon – 1:00 pm) *Lunch will feature a “Rural Looks Fashion Show”!
- Business Meeting including Silent Auction, Election of Officers, Chapter and Committee Reports, and Resolutions (1:00 pm to 6:00 pm)
SATURDAY, October 28th, 10:00 am to 9:00 pm: Brookings Activity Center and the Old Fire Hall
Agenda will include:
- Breakout sessions covering:
- State Legislative Process 101 (10:00 am to 12:30 pm)
- Pollinators with Dr. Jon Lundgren of Blue Dasher Farm (10:00 am to 12:30 pm)
- 2018 Legislative Planning (2:00 pm to 4:00 pm)
- Local Foods Roundtable (2:00 pm to 4:00 pm)
- Ad Hoc Breakout Sessions (4:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
- 30th Anniversary Celebration with beverages and hors d’oeuvres provided (6:00 pm to 9:00 pm)
- Live music provided by Humbletown
- Lifetime Member Awards (6:30 pm)
- Keynote Address from Pat Sweeney (7:00 pm)
We hope you will plan to join us in Brookings, SD, with others from across the state to celebrate 3 decades of organizing and energizing South Dakotans! The event will feature delicious local foods, collaborative workshops, a silent auction offering fantastic items, and a chance to connect with inspiring DRA members. All members will have the opportunity to shape the future of DRA and are encouraged to attend.
Cost & Registration
$30 Friday Only/Person | $30 Saturday Only/Person | $50 Full Weekend/Person | $80 Couples/Families Full Weekend
To register online click here.
Dakota Rural Action’s adopted resolutions are a guide for our members on how we stand on certain issues. We are now accepting suggestions for new or modified resolutions to be presented at the Business Meeting. Current DRA Resolutions can be viewed HERE. Proposed resolutions are due Sept. 29th for inclusion in the printed packet. Check back for the link to review and submit resolutions. Contact Frank James at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-697-5204 Ext. 240 with any questions about the resolution process.